Wednesday, July 21, 2010

hint

As mentioned the other day, Saturday was so hot, I turned on the AC in my Honda. Went out for a walk on Sunday. It was cooler, but not appreciably so. There is a day, however, in the middle of summer, when you get the first intimation of the approach of fall & winter. I couldn't even tell you what it is. Sunday was that day. The reverse happens in the winter, sometime in January

January 24, 2008

Snow falling off pine trees on to the sidewalk at work. Looked like powdered sugar on a chocolate cake. Last night, silhouette of deer crossing Rte. 7 in Wallingford. There is a day in the middle of summer when you feel the approach of winter for the first time. Apparently the opposite is true as well. Today, in the middle of winter, I felt the approach of spring. Light snow today, but I didn't see any "spinners" like I did the other day.

No comments:

Post a Comment