Thursday, June 9, 2011

strawberries

strawberries at Wood's Mkt. in Brandon

Last Saturday, Allyn & I drove up Rte. 7 to a wedding in Shelburne, another sign of the times. We passed Wood's Market, and saw that they had strawberries for sale. We knew that the stand would be closed on our return, but I would be heading the same way on Sunday & planned to pick up some. Well one thing lead to another, and the stand was open, but sold out when I went by in the afternoon. Allyn had even left me a message on my cell phone that day to remind me to stop. 
I was busy Monday evening, and forgot about it on Tuesday. Yesterday I planned my schedule such that I could swing by there during the lunch hour. I picked up a couple of pints, and didn't even make it out the door before eating a couple. It's possible that if you've never eaten fresh Vermont strawberries, you might not know what all the fuss is about. Strawberries and fireflies, you can't ask for much more than that

1 comment:

  1. I sincerely wish that my biggest concern right now was stalking some tasty fruit. I'll save it for this summer...

    ReplyDelete