Wednesday, August 10, 2011

summer visit

Jimbo’s blog highlights how VT changes day-to-day and season-to-season, but year-to-year it always strikes me as the same. It takes about .2 seconds after I return home for me to feel like I’m right back in high school. The good things never change: running on the cross road, mom picking me up when it pours, eating dinners out back, mowing the lawn and getting time to zone out and think, meeting friends for dinners, hikes, and ice cream, the Tinmouth snack bar, homemade rhubarb pie, swimming in spring lake at dusk, making a mess in my room, working hard dragging around logs that Dad cuts up in the field. Every year, I think of how lucky I am to have grown up the way I did in Vermont and I will always come back to visit. Now that I’m in the States, this will happen much more frequently!

No comments:

Post a Comment