Monday, October 3, 2011

energy


The baseball season is over. Summer is gone, and there is an energy this time of year as we prepare for winter. I split my wood pile over the weekend. It was cold and rainy, sound of geese heading south in the sky overhead. I split wood almost all day on Saturday. Fortunately the rain was just off and on. A friend came by to give me an estimate on some chimney work, and actually helped me split wood for about an hour before moving on to his next job. I love this place. Somehow I managed to pull muscles in both my wrists. They hurt so much I really couldn't help Allyn when she was screwing together her new china cabinet on Saturday night. I finished up on Sunday afternoon, got done about twilight. Chris Levins, my golfing buddy, came by, and helped me split the large pieces, the same pieces that Erin & I had cut in July. When I got up in the middle of the night, it seemed that every muscle in my body was sore. There is a sense of accomplishment, however, seeing the pieces piled up in the back yard. Now all I have to do is stack it.

on a piece of wood

No comments:

Post a Comment