Thursday, December 8, 2011

Venus

Moon Venus & Jupiter 11/30/2008
from Dave Schumaker on flickr

Buddha's Enlightenment Day & snow. The other day I was over near the production building at sunset. I could see Venus starting to set over the Taconics in the west, and Jupiter rising over the Green Mountains in the east. Knowing that all the planets revolve around the sun on the same plane, I could visualize it, put it all together. I could see the path that the Earth was on in relation to the sun, and the other planets, and got a brief glimpse of the vast scale of it all. The Buddha was enlightened when he glanced upon Venus after seven days of intense meditation, and after countless lives of devotion to the welfare of all sentient beings.

When I attained complete, perfect enlightenment and unexcelled awakening, I attained nothing at all.
The Buddha
Zen page a day calendar


No comments:

Post a Comment