Friday, October 22, 2010

good bye

Cloudy. Windbreaker weather. Snowflake sighting on the drive to work this morning. About a week ago, I was heading up into the back field when I spotted some Nodding Ladies Tresses, one of the last wildflowers of the year. I was finally able to check it off my wildflowers of Vermont life list. Later that night I was able to bag four of the members of the Messier catalogue through my telescope near the constellation Sagittarius (astronomical nerd speak). Wildflowers and summer constellations will be disappearing soon, replaced by the night sky of winter, and dark pines. The full moon, the "Hunter's" moon, is tonight.

The bright moon
on the tatami:
the shadow of the pine tree.
Kikaku
Zen page a day calendar

1 comment:

  1. The Rutland Herald says that this moon is also known as the "kindly" moon in Chinese lore. Wish I'd known that when I posted the entry

    ReplyDelete