Thursday, October 28, 2010

twilight commute

Sunny. This is the time of year when the length of the day aligns with my work commute. The sun is rising when I go in, and it is setting when I come home. It is an opportunity to observe some beautiful sunrises & sunsets. Today's sunrise was very unusual. The dark grey clouds were painted along the bottom with light tan highlights, the color of the dried corn stalks fast disappearing from neighboring fields.
It is interesting to see that large flocks of crows are also commuting with the rising and setting of the sun. I see them when I am coming to work. They are heading west from the woodlands towards the swamps, and low lying corn fields along the Otter Creek. When I am leaving work, they are doing the same; cawing their way home to the pine forests west of the Green Mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment