Tuesday, July 19, 2011

thunder moon

lkjlkj









The full moon, the "Thunder" moon took place on Friday night when we were on Martha's Vineyard. Some of us went over to the beach to watch it rise over Vineyard Sound. On the way, we met a group of about a dozen photographers. I asked them what was up, and they said they were there to photograph the rising of the moon. The direction they indicated was about 45 degrees to the west of where I thought it was going to rise. I was disturbed to see that there was a cloud bank directly over that part of the sky.
When the appointed time came (8:24), I kept looking, but didn't see anything promising. Then Doug piped up, "There it is!" It was rising over the Sound where I thought it would be in the first place. I don't know why I had more faith in the photographers than I did in myself. Thanks to Erin for the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment