Tuesday, November 15, 2011

cracked corn

 Wood's Pond in Brandon

Wind and rain. There is a shiny metallic quality to streams and ponds at this time of year. I don't really know if it is something that only exists this time of year or not. This is when I notice it.

Post Script
I stopped along Route 7 to take this photo. When I got out of the car I was surprised to see that the road sides were covered with cracked corn. I couldn't for the life of my figure out why. As I drove away, the mystery was answered. Large silage trucks were heading north on Route 7 filled to the brim with chaff and cracked corn. Just the other day I drove by this spot heading north. The field immediately south of the pond was filled with Canada Geese. I'll bet they were dining on cracked corn.

No comments:

Post a Comment