Wednesday, November 5, 2014

season of darkness, season of light

Daylight Savings Time has passed. The elections are over. It was dark when I left work yesterday for the first time in a long time; walkway lights between the two buildings ablaze. I remember driving to work in the dark the other day & thinking immediately and reflexively about family and friends. They are our necessary support structure during the long upcoming season of darkness. Our attention turns almost automatically from the warmth & light we experience outside to the same that now occurs within the confines of our snug little homes. It seems no accident that the two holidays that most celebrate family occur during the next two months.

1 comment:

  1. I love this entry! Immediately when I saw your photo I thought "this is my happy place." Luckily, I have a Poptart (and Andy) to snuggle over here :) We'll bring you some warmth during Jan/Feb! xoxo

    ReplyDelete