Tuesday, December 23, 2014

wood heat

Like many men my age, I find myself getting up a couple of times during the night. When I open the door to the bedroom, and head towards the kitchen, I can estimate pretty quickly that state of the fire burning in our wood stove. Our Vermont Castings Resolute stove is merely decorative during the warmer months. In the winter it is probably the central feature of our life at home.
I was over at a friend's house last night. We talked about a number of things, but spent most of the time talking about his new chimney insert pellet stove. It sure put out a lot of heat. He mentioned our recent storm, and how he had to buy a generator to keep the new stove going. I pointed out the advantage of our stove. Electricity isn't needed to keep our stove operating nicely during  the winter weather

No comments:

Post a Comment