Thursday, February 19, 2015

ancestral home

Allyn & Ellen went skiing on Presidents Day. I have to admit that I like the colors in this photo. Immediately after I took it, John & I saw 4-5 bluebirds hanging around this nest on the fence post. It was a cold day & they were puffed up like little fluff balls. I start to see them this time of year, but Ellen said she saw them all winter long when she was living with us last year. We have had bluebirds nesting back there for several years now. I'm sure that all the birds we saw were born in that nest. It is heartwarming to realize it is their ancestral home.
I've always thought the first actual sign of spring is the frost bumps that are now appearing in Rte. 133, but it's not. It's the return of the birds from the south. Their calls become more prevalent every day. It's a welcome return of energy & life to the north country.

2 comments:

  1. I really like that photo! I also like the thought of you stalking the back window in order to take it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shawn didn't name me "Stalker" for nothing.

    ReplyDelete