Monday, February 9, 2015

snow

On Saturday morning I saw a van pulling a snowmobile trailer in West Rutland. On the one hand, this has been a cold and snowy winter, and I'm getting a little tired of it. On the other hand, this winter season has produced some of the most and best snow I can remember in a long time. There are lots of people reveling in it I'm sure. Pete Esslinger runs a snowmobile business, and is one of the nicest people I know. I'm happy for him. The ski resorts must be doing very well which is good for our region.
Earlier in the winter I remember reading about the animals who rely on snow cover for their very survival. When the snow pack went away back in December, I remember seeing their pathways in what little snow was left, and wondering how they were doing. I'm sure they are happy and warm in the abundant and fluffy snow we are currently experiencing.

No comments:

Post a Comment