Thursday, September 10, 2020

Happy Birthday, Eliza!

 On Tuesday I mentioned swings and how these days I'm more of a pusher than a swinger. My pushing activities began again in earnest about five years ago when my granddaughter Eliza became old enough to fly. She loves the swings, just like her mother did many years ago. I even came up with a song to accompany our times on the swings. It was adapted from the song, Singing in the Rain.

I'm swinging on the swing, just swinging on the swing.

Such a glorious feeling I'm happy again.

I'm flying so high.

So high in the sky.

I'm swinging, just swinging on the swing.

When Erin and her family would come to visit in the summer, we would always head out to a playground and make our way to the swings. At some point Eliza would say, "Papa, sing our song!" and I would belt out a few rounds. It is wonderful when you share a special song with your granddaughter.

Recently I have been relegated to the sidelines again when it comes to Eliza's swinging activities. She doesn't need to be pushed anymore, she can swing all by herself just like a zillion and one other things she can now accomplish all on her own. Today is Eliza's birthday. She turns seven years old. It hardly seems possible. Happy Birthday, Eliza! I love you.


 


 

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment