Monday, November 9, 2020

I'll never know

 
A few weeks ago I mentioned that brush hogging allows one to visit pastures that are seldom seen over the course of the year. Yesterday I was putting up No Hunting signs along the perimeter of our land. Instead of visiting pastures this time, I was deep in the woods. Temperature was in the 70's and I was in a tee shirt for the first time I can ever remember when doing this chore. There is much beauty to be seen.

It is extremely dry here. The vernal pool  doesn't have a drop of water in it as seen from the photo below.

I travel the boundary of our property to put up the signs. In many places I'm following old stone walls.

In some areas the stones haven't moved since when they were put there. How long ago was that? Who built them? I'll never know.








No comments:

Post a Comment