Wednesday, March 13, 2019

In the air

Coming in from an early morning meeting. The sun is so bright. Spring is in the air. Yesterday I took a short walk through forests and fields. I saw a half dozen birds congregating under a fir tree on a south facing slope. They were robins. I couldn't initially make out their red breasts, but I could tell by the distinctive way they walk; scurry and stop, scurry and stop. It has been a long time since I've seen a robin.


The change in the weather has motivated me out of my wintertime torpor. Got up early to participate in an early morning exercise class on PBS. Went out to get the paper before it started. The sky was dark and clear. First thing I saw was the constellation Scorpius low in the southern sky. I looked around and spotted Cygnus, the Northern Cross. These are summer constellations! I haven't seen them in a long time. It will be months before they are available during the evening viewing hours, but there they were. Highs near 40 today, 50 tomorrow, and near 60 on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment