Friday, March 1, 2019

The crystal day

Blue sky, fresh powder. crystals of ice and flakes of snow blowing in the air for most of the day; like scrapings of sunlight/stardust that somehow found their way to my back yard.


It was a great day to take a walk in the woods which is what I did.


Allyn went skiing.


It was beautiful snow and covered everything.



Mysterious tracks in the snow, maybe a rabbit?


There is an old road in the back that I cleared, mostly for Allyn, in the fall. At the time I thought that guaranteed a snowless winter. I was happy today that she was able to use it.


I saw her on her return trip. She said, "I can't stop." as she skied by.


Crows murmuring to themselves back by the vernal pool which is covered with ice and snow. Spring seems a long ways away.


The reflection of the sun off the snow was very warm on the return trip. I had to unzip my jacket. Wind blowing snow from tree branches. It slowly and softly fell to the earth like eiderdown.





No comments:

Post a Comment