Wednesday, August 21, 2019

observations

Another sunny day of grace here on the other side of the creek. Driving on the detour around Brandon the other day and noticed what I thought was wildflowers that were growing amongst the stalks in a corn field.


What I was seeing wasn't wildflowers at all, it was brownish/pink tassels on the tops of the ears of corn. This was the first time I'd seen this. I started to look at the tassels in other cornfields and didn't see it again. The other tassels were a yellowish/green. Hopefully you can see this. Tell me I'm not crazy.

These are the kinds of observations that I find most gratifying. I've been doing this blog/journal for over 13 years. Most of the postings involve observations that are not new to me. To see something I've never seen before means the natural world is opening up just a little bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment