Friday, August 16, 2019

post script


There is a final post script to last Friday's recounting of our adventures with the cows jail break into the neighboring forests. I didn't mention it at the time because that post was so long. The whole time that we were chasing the cows through the woods, I was figuratively kicking myself. I was sure that my own carelessness in trying to secure the gate had led to the problem in the first place.

When the cows were finally back where they belonged, Dave said that some of the cows have learned how to open the gate with their nose and tongue, and that you have to keep that in mind when you wrap the chain around the gate. That was the first I had heard that, and felt had I known that, I would have secured the gate differently. This is my new arrangement.

No comments:

Post a Comment