Thursday, January 7, 2021

foxes!

 This morning I was watching the news about yesterday's political melee in Washington DC when I spotted a fox trotting through the back field. I don't remember seeing them often in winter, mostly in the spring and early summer. Got some photos.


 

Our neighbors have poultry and when I see foxes heading in that direction, I go outside and try to scare them away. As I did that this morning, I saw another fox coming from the other direction. They sniffed each other in a friendly way and then scampered off towards the lower meadow. Trying in my own small way to protect both foxes and chickens, I called my neighbor and gave him a heads up. He said his chickens were safely ensconced in his chicken coop for the time being. 

During these dark days of winter, it is very uplifting to see any sort of animal activity. Some animals seem even more energized than usual during these cold winter months. Living exclamation points in the forms of foxes, blue jays, chickadees and bluebirds.

No comments:

Post a Comment