Thursday, January 14, 2021

robins?!?!

 

Walking on the crossroads yesterday, and saw about 10 robins congregating in a patch of multifloral rose. On my return trip through this same stretch of road,  the flock had expanded to about 30. Maybe I've seen flocks of robins in January before, but if I had, I don't remember it. From looking at various sites on the internet, it seems the situation with robins is similar to bluebirds. Some of them will winter in Vermont and the number of robins depends on things like how cold it is, how much snow, how much food.

Temperatures have been in the 30's lately with nighttime temps in the 20's. It might not sound like it to some of you out there, but that's warmer than normal. The relative warmth might explain the flock of robins I saw yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment