Wednesday, February 23, 2011

now it's green snow

We've been having a lot of wind. Hundreds of branches cover the snow pack. Squirrels becoming more active. Received the annual newsletter from the Vermont botanical & bird club. Talking with my boss about the blue hour. She said it's due to the way light is refracted through the atmosphere at sunrise & sunset. The colors of the spectrum are: red, orange, yellow, green, cyan, blue & violet. She said all the colors can be highlighted during the course of the sunrise/sunset. When you think about it, that's actually how it seems to work. Sunrise starts bluish, and turns to the warmer colors. It goes the other way at sunset. I actually thought I saw some snow the other evening with pastel green highlights. I am either getting better at noticing some of these subtle changes, or crazier. Don't say it, Shawn.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Shawn...I'd be happy to take the bait, but it is waaay too easy of a target.

    ReplyDelete