Thursday, February 17, 2011

winter birds


quinnbike on flickr

Coming out of production, cardinals at the bird feeder. Starting to hear the summer calls of birds. It's hard to know if new birds have arrived, or if it's the same birds that are changing their calls, maybe to stake out their territory for spring. Ducks observed over the West Rutland marsh. Do I see them now because they're newly arrived, or because it's light when I'm heading home? In the fall, I would arrive at work at sunrise, and head back at sunset. It's pretty much the same thing these days. Back then I would see large flocks of crows heading home just at the same time that I was leaving. I am seeing that again now.

A nameless bird
looks cold
in the wintry blast.
Sampu
Zen page a day calendar

No comments:

Post a Comment