Monday, September 26, 2011

neighborhood

from Rusty one on flickr

Sunny and mild. There have been a couple of times over the last two weeks when I have gone into the new armory in Rutland Town to serve breakfast to the National Guard. They are helping to make repairs in our area caused by hurricane Irene. It has been a great experience in many ways. It has given me an insight into the military that I never had before, and there is much I admire and respect. They are grateful for what we are doing, and we are, of course, grateful for their efforts.
Preparations start about 5:00 A.M. & so it is dark when I head out. I have gotten my first glimpse of my favorite constellation Orion along with the blue white ball of fire that is Sirius below and to the left. Seeing the return of these favorites is like the return of old friends. I never thought that I'd consider the constellations to a part of my ever shifting celestial neighborhood, but there it is. The night sky is currently clear, and I'm considering a little star gazing



1 comment: