Tuesday, October 27, 2020

later in the fall

 Sheltering in place has many disadvantages. One of them is that I don't get around as much as I used to. Drove through Chippenhook the other day and saw that the tamaracks have already started to turn. I thought that was something that happened later in the fall.

When I drove up north last week, I saw that the trees at the tops of the Green Mtns. have already lost their leaves. The mountains will be brown and grey for quite some time. There was even snow on the top of Camel's Hump.

The only regular mode of transportation these days is the walk around the block. Many houses have pallets of wood pellets in their back yards which is the most modern method of burning wood.

Pellet stoves are pretty slick, but, believe it or not, they require electricity. Old fashion wood stoves are still operable when the power goes out which is a nice feature.

No comments:

Post a Comment