Thursday, October 8, 2020

What!?!?

 We have a fairly large picture window in the kitchen that faces the back yard and the pastures and hills beyond. I do a lot of looking out that window. The bluebird house is out there. 


I haven't been paying any attention to it. There's no reason to. The breeding season ended months ago, and I hadn't seen any bluebirds in quite awhile. Figured they'd headed south for the winter. Then I saw one the other day, no big deal. Then I saw one head over to the bluebird house a couple of days ago. Again, not a real head scratcher, who knows. Then yesterday I saw a couple of bluebirds hanging around the bluebird house in the way they do in the spring. Looks like they are planning to breed again.

 What is going on here!?!? First it's forsythia blooming in October and then there's bluebirds breeding in October which seems like a really bad idea. I have to figure that climate change plays a part in this except the temperatures haven't been abnormally high. I don't know what is going on here.


No comments:

Post a Comment