Wednesday, March 21, 2018

again


March 21, 2007
AM thermometer went past zero. Maybe for the last time this year? Snow mushy during the day, freezes at night. Little crystalline nuggets in the morning. John home from D.C. today. New moon with Venus above

This is how this, whatever it is, started eleven years ago today. It started with an idea. Conventional wisdom says there are four seasons in Vermont. I knew there were many more than that. I wanted to see if I could find/count them all. It started out as a private journal. Then I thought it would be fun to share with my son, John. Quickly I started sending it to Erin, and then to my Dad. My father was always my biggest supporter. He thought this was great, and urged me to send it to more people. The rest is history.

Doing something like this assumes that sooner or later you''re going to get to the point of diminishing returns. I stopped doing this once before. I told my friend Doug a few weeks ago that I was going to stop for good on this day. A few days ago he emailed me. He said he really liked my blog, and didn't want me to stop. How could I say no? So here we go again for another orbit. I hope you like it, too.

And the seasons they go round and round
And the painted ponies go up and down
We're captive on the carousel of time
We can't return we can only look behind
From where we came
And go round and round and round
In the circle game

The Circle Game
Joni Mitchell

No comments:

Post a Comment