Tuesday, March 13, 2018

snowflakes


Snowflake Bentley

The nor'easter has started. It's the third one in about 8-10 days. No school for Allyn today. 3-5 inches of snow today, 2-4 inches tonight, 2-4 inches tomorrow, 1-3 inches tomorrow night. I've had enough. 

But yesterday on two occasions I saw people out playing with their dogs in the snow. The people were happy, but the dogs were ecstatic. Master, ball, snow; December, January, March, doesn't matter. It was a real lesson in being in the moment.

I stopped in for coffee after meditation this morning. I heard an older gentlemen grumbling about the snow. I recounted to him the inspirational story of the dogs in the snow. When I got to the part about the dogs knot knowing what month it is he said, "Well, my cat does. When I let her outside, all she has to do is smell the snow, and she's back inside."

There's an inspiring lesson in there somewhere, but at this point I don't know what it is.

Beautiful snowflakes, they fall nowhere.
Layman Pang

No comments:

Post a Comment